The Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corporation (YNDC) offers a limited exterior home repair program, PAINT YOUNGSTOWN, to assist residents of owner-occupied, single family homes with exterior improvements at NO COST to owners. Applicants must meet certain income eligibility requirements set forth by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The program is strategically focused on priority streets within city neighborhoods to make a visible impact as part of broader neighborhood revitalization efforts.
How the Program Works
The YNDC Paint Youngstown program provides owner occupied properties with home rehabilitation and financial assistance.
- Income eligibility requirement ( below 80% of median area income)
- Must live within a targeted neighborhood, and on a priority street
- As program expands, secondary areas will be established and serviced
- Owner-Occupants must have owned and inhabited the home for one (1) year prior to being eligible.
- Either a five (5) or ten (10) year deferred loan will be made depending upon the amount of rehabilitation costs
- Must submit required documentation and application material (listed below)
- Owner must agree to live in the house for the five (5) or (10) year deferred loan period. If the property transfers within such period, a portion of the loan is due and payable to the City.
- Copy of last three (3) month’s pay stubs or;
- Copy of most recent assistance statement (e.g. social security, disability, or any other form of federal assistance)
- Copy of most recent utility bill (water, gas, electric)
- Proof of Ownership (copy of deed)
- All applicants must be paid and current, or have documentation of a payment plan, with respect to property taxes, in order to be considered eligible for the program
- Signed Procedure and Compliance form (Forfeiture of Ability to Profit, City Standard, Complaint Procedure)
- Signed Conflict of Interest/Non-Collusion Affidavit
Why Paint Youngstown?
With the YNDC Paint Youngstown program, residents of owner occupied, single family properties can receive the needed assistance to avoid potential code violations while improving the aesthetic and physical condition of their homes and neighborhoods.