In response to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, YNDC is providing mortgage payment assistance to eligible Youngstown residents who lost employment income on or after March 14, 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Call YNDC at 330.480.0423 to apply.
- YNDC will pay monthly mortgage (PITI) payments on each client’s behalf for up to 6 months, not to exceed $3000 total per client over the 6 month period
- Property must be located in the City of Youngstown
- Property must be mortgagor’s primary residence
- Household income must be at or below 120% of the area median income
- Household must have lost employment income on or after March 14, 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Housing costs must exceed 30% of current household income
- Mortgage payments must be current up to March 14, 2020
- Clients must enroll in YNDC’s HUD-Approved Housing Counseling program and meet with one of YNDC’s HUD-Certified Housing Counselors monthly for as long as they are receiving assistance. Counseling sessions are currently being completed over the phone
Client must provide the following documentation in addition to completing the Housing Counseling program application:
- All occupants over the age of 18 will need to provide some kind of income verification, including copies of 3 most recent consecutive paystubs from current or most recent employer if employed or a copy of statement of benefits if on disability, social security, or some other government-funded income source, as well as 2019 tax returns.
Proof of Ownership
- Owner must provide a copy of the deed.
Proof of Primary Residence
- Owner must provide a copy of a recent utility bill (gas, electric, or water).
- Owner must provide a copy of the mortgage.
- Owner must provide a copy of the last mortgage statement or other documentation showing mortgage was current as of March 14, 2020.